BHC Creating Liveable Communities develops and manages a number of properties designed to meet the needs of people living with a disability. Our accessible properties will have the following features:
- A safe and level path of travel from the street entrance to the property. This may include access by lift in our larger buildings.
- Internal doors and corridors that are large enough to allow ease of movement between spaces.
- Open plan kitchen and living areas.
- A toilet and bathroom on the ground (or entry) level that allows easy access.
- A bathroom that contains a hobless (step-free) shower recess.
- Reinforced walls around the toilet, shower and bath to allow the safe installation of grab rails (if not already installed).