We are closely monitoring developments around the coronavirus and will continue to provide support and advice to our residents as the situation unfolds.
26/3/2020 – BHC Head Office Update – Changes to our working arrangements in response to COVID-19 social distancing requirements
In the interest of ensuring the health and wellbeing of BHC staff, residents and suppliers, BHC’s Head Office is now closed and staff are working remotely.
Should you need to contact us during this time, please do so using the following methods:
- Telephone 3307 3000 and leave a message
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be assured that continuity of service to our residents is our highest priority during this time. We are constantly monitoring all messages and emails and will respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.
You can also follow us on Facebook at BHC Creating Liveable Communities to stay up to date with the latest information about COVID-19 and your housing services.
Thank you for your assistance and understanding with this important matter.
- Wash your hands frequently: Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain social distancing: Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth: Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses that can be transferred to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical care: Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
If you do become unwell
- 1800 020 080 – Coronavirus Health Information Line, providing information on coronavirus, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) – Health Advice, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IMPORTANT: We do ask if you become unwell or are on isolation and you have a scheduled routine inspection or maintenance visit, that you please contact us on (07) 3307 3000 or email email@example.com to advise us so that we can ensure the wellbeing of our staff and our contractors. Similarly, if you become unwell in the days after a visit, please contact us.
If you need help accessing food or medication while in self-quarantine, you can call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 or access supports through the Australian Red Cross on 1800 733 276.
Getting more facts
- Australian Government, Department of Health
- Queensland Government, Queensland Health
- World Health Organisation
Protecting your building
- Installing hand hygiene stations in the foyer of each building (subject to availability)
- Increased cleaning services in our buildings, with an increased focus on surfaces in high traffic areas, such as door handles and lift buttons.
We recognise that this is likely to be a stressful time for many tenants and their families and we are here to assist you as much as we are able. We encourage you to contact your BHC Housing Manager as soon as possible if you are experiencing any financial difficulties relating to coronavirus, or if you require any additional support at this time.
Information and services are changing rapidly as this situation evolves, so we have set up a dedicated “ResidentConnect” service during this period to assist residents to access the latest information about the different types of government and community assistance available, including financial assistance and personal support and wellbeing support services.
Getting assistance from ResidentConnect
We encourage you to contact your Housing Manager as soon as possible if you are experiencing any financial difficulties relating to coronavirus, or if you require access to any additional support at this time.
There are a range of Commonwealth and State Government resources that you may be able to access and we can supply you with further details about these resources through ResidentConnect.
Please contact your Housing Manager for a referral, or contact our ResidentConnect team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 3307 3000 and leave a message.