We are closely monitoring developments around the coronavirus and will continue to provide support and advice to our residents as the situation unfolds.
26/3/2020 – BHC Head Office Update – Changes to our working arrangements in response to COVID-19 social distancing requirements
In the interest of ensuring the health and wellbeing of BHC staff, residents and suppliers, BHC’s Head Office is now closed and staff are working remotely.
Should you need to contact us during this time, please do so using the following methods:
- Telephone 3307 3000 and leave a message
- Email email@example.com
Please be assured that continuity of service to our residents is our highest priority during this time. We are constantly monitoring all messages and emails and will respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.
You can also follow us on Facebook at BHC Creating Liveable Communities to stay up to date with the latest information about COVID-19 and your housing services.
Thank you for your assistance and understanding with this important matter.
- Wash your hands frequently: Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain social distancing: Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth: Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses that can be transferred to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical care: Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
If you do become unwell
- 1800 020 080 – Coronavirus Health Information Line, providing information on coronavirus, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) – Health Advice, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IMPORTANT: We do ask if you become unwell or are on isolation and you have a scheduled routine inspection or maintenance visit, that you please contact us on (07) 3307 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us so that we can ensure the wellbeing of our staff and our contractors. Similarly, if you become unwell in the days after a visit, please contact us.
If you need help accessing food or medication while in self-quarantine, you can call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 or access supports through the Australian Red Cross on 1800 733 276.
Getting more facts
- Australian Government, Department of Health
- Queensland Government, Queensland Health
- World Health Organisation
Protecting your building
- Installing hand hygiene stations in the foyer of each building (subject to availability)
- Increased cleaning services in our buildings, with an increased focus on surfaces in high traffic areas, such as door handles and lift buttons.