Financial assistance to help residents
reach their potential
A key part of BHC’s Impact Fund is our Grants Program which has been designed to assist residents experiencing financial hardship to reach their potential.
The following grants are being offered to BHC residents:
- Educate and Participate Grants– designed to assist residents to fund education, employment or participation opportunities, and
- Connect Grants– supporting residents to access digital technologies such as computers, training or connection costs.
BHC Residents can apply for up to $1000 per grant. Three grant rounds will be held in 2021/22:
- Round 1- Open from Monday 6 September 2021 to Friday 1 October 2021 **Round Finalised
- Round 2- Open from Monday 10 January 2022 to Friday 4 February 2022 **Round Open
- Round 3- Open from Monday 2 May 2022 to Friday 27 May 2022
In addition, Kickstart Grants (up to $350 per grant) are now available all year round to provide support for residents experiencing financial difficulty to fund “small ticket” items that support their participation, health and housing outcomes. Please speak to your Housing Manager or Community Development Team for further information about these grants.
Educate and Participate Grants
The Educate and Participate Grants are designed to assist residents to fund education, employment or participation opportunities.
- Education– any formal or informal education or course fees relating to primary or secondary school, TAFE or tertiary studies, as well as associated costs such as textbooks, course supplies.
- Employment– any costs associated with accessing employment or getting ready for work such as uniform costs, getting “interview-ready” supplies etc.
- Participation– any costs associated with programs or activities that encourage community or social inclusion such as personal development, skills development, artistic or sporting related activities.
- Educate and Participate Grant Guidelines
- Educate and Participate Paper/Hard Copy Application Form
- Educate and Participate Online Application Form
- Grant FAQs
The Connect Grants support residents to access digital technologies such as computers, training or connection costs.
- Equipment– any costs associated with smart phones, computers, laptops, other technological items that seek to improve resident’s wellbeing, education and learning prospects. (To assist you to identify your equipment needs we have put together some suggested products outlined on the application form).
- Digital Literacy– any training or education costs associated with improving resident’s digital literacy confidence, skills and online safety.
- Connection– any costs associated with ensuring residents are connected through mobile or internet access for general wellbeing or learning capabilities.
- Connect Grant Guidelines
- Connect Paper/Hard Copy Application Form
- Connect Online Application Form
- Grant FAQs
The Kickstart Grants are available all year round to support residents to fund small ticket items such as uniforms, travel cards, small household goods, as well as small projects that strengthen the communities of our residents.
Total funding for each grant is up $350. These grants are available all year round and total funding for the program is $7,500 per year.
Please speak to your Housing Manager or the Community Development Team for more information about this grant, or to apply.