At the conclusion of BHC’s first Tenant Engagement Strategy residents were invited to a workshop where they shared their ideas of what Tenant Engagement could look like in the future. Based on this consultation, BHC has continued to develop how we support and engage with residents. Some resident suggestions we have been able to incorporate include;
- Using the term ‘Community Development’ instead to Tenant Engagement to better focus on building community and positive relationships between residents, BHC and their communities,
- Continuing to develop and improve communication and consultation with residents,
- Establishing a platform where residents can work with BHC to take a more active role in co-designing and co-leading Community Development initiatives.
Resident Voice and Engagement
There are opportunities for residents from across the portfolio to work collaboratively with BHC. Initiatives aim to benefit residents, develop and strengthen communities across BHC properties and support meaningful engagement between residents, BHC, and members of the wider community.
Recent initiatives have included:
- Community Welcome Packs for new residents
- Social activities run by residents for residents to promote positive communities
- Providing feedback directly to BHC around policies, procedures, and general service provision
- Working alongside BHC to provide resident voice and perspective
You are welcome to become involved. If you would like to hear of current initiatives, contact BHC’s Community Development Manager by phone (07) 3307 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org